File(s) under embargo
Reason: Thesis still under examination.
GFRP V-structure blast simulation results graphs
This is the data from the thesis titled:
Response of composite and steel V-structures to localised air blast loading (2023)
This compressed folder contains the graphs generated from the GFRP V-structure blast simulations. The files have first been separated based on the V-angle and fibre orientation. In each of the subfolders, the V-tip radii and charge mass configurations were varied. Included in the files are pdf graphs generated in MATLAB of the mid-point displacement time histories, total projected delaminated areas, and peak transient deformed ridge profiles.
The first zipped folder titled - GFRP_V_structure_blast_results_graphs.zip contains five subfolders labelled:
- The first four folders labelled 105_00_90, 105_45_45, 120_00_90, 120_45_45 are labelled for the V-angle of the V-structure simulated and the fibre orientation - i.e. either 0 deg/90 deg or +45 deg/-45 deg.
- They contain subfolders for each simulation performed, i.e. different V-tip radii and charge masses.
- These subfolders contain the ridge profiles and the mid-point displacement time histories.
- Also included are the total projected delaminated area as a png file.
- Where experimental data is available, the comparisons are also provided here.
- The folder labelled Graphs contains a series of graphs. These consider the influence of V-angle, fibre orientation, and charge mass on the performance metrics of the GFRP V-structures, i.e. impulse transferred, peak deformation, and total projected delaminated area.