DSIE_Ch23_Nseibo.pdf (629.41 kB)
The nature of physical impairment and its impact on learning
preprintposted on 2023-07-20, 12:02 authored by Job NseiboJob Nseibo
Advance preprint of chapter from the forthcoming Disability Studies in Inclusive Education open textbook edited by Judith McKenzie, Kofi Nseibo, Chantal Samuels and Amani Karisa.
After completing this chapter, you will be able to:
- Describe physical conditions that may lead to impairment and how they present.
- Have working knowledge of the International Classification of Functioning, Disability and Health.
- Identify causes of physical impairment.
- Demonstrate a deeper level of insight into cerebral palsy.
- Explain the importance of human rights and legal issues for learners with physical impairments.