H3Africa PHWG Data Collection Toolkit - Environmental Exposures v2.0
The Environmental Exposures toolkit can be used to collect information pertaining to: socio-economic status, occupational history, water resources and more.
The phenotype protocols contained in the toolkit range from Interviewer/Self-administered questionnaires to bioassay/lab-based assessments. The toolkit is applicable to human participants of all life stages, though some phenotype protocols are age-specific. For more information on administration of the toolkit, see the toolkit guideline.
The toolkit consists of both existing and novel data collection standards, and was based on several existing resources. These resources are listed below:
- H3Africa Case Report Form Instruments
- Protocol - Occupation/Occupational History (www.phenxtoolkit.org/protocols/view/60501)
- Protocol - Air Contaminants in the Home Environment (www.phenxtoolkit.org/protocols/view/61101)
- Protocol - Personal Care Products (www.phenxtoolkit.org/protocols/view/61501)
- Protocol - Home and Workplace Exposures to Floor and Wall Materials (www.phenxtoolkit.org/protocols/view/61401)
- WHO Core questions on drinking water and sanitation for household surveys (www.who.int/water_sanitation_health/monitoring/household_surveys/en/)
H3ABioNet: a sustainable African Bioinformatics Network for H3Africa
National Human Genome Research InstituteFind out more...